I have very kindly been nominated for a Liebster Award by chili365.wordpress.com. (who knew chili could come in so many different guises?) I feel a little bit like the time I won a £5 book token in primary school. I spent it on ‘My First Animal Encyclopedia’ in case you’re wondering, I was only 6.
For those of you who haven’t heard of it (that included me until yesterday) it’s an award shared around the blogging community to promote and encourage new bloggers. At least I think that it is….
Thanks chili365 – it’s nice to know that you’re enjoying my blog.
From what I understand, in order to be able to accept the award I have to complete a few tasks, nothing too Herculean you’ll be pleased to know. I must; share 11 random facts about myself; answer 11 questions set by my nominator; nominate 5-11 bloggers who I think deserve the Liebster Award and finally ask my nominees 11 questions.
So here we go,
11 random facts about myself;
1. I have a silly first name. My parents stole the name from their friends daughter when I was born on her birthday. They once told me that she was a fire eater in Spain but I don’t know if I believe that…
2. I have travelled to over 40 countries.
3. I have a pet lizard but he lives back in the UK with my friends. I miss him.
4. I make a really good cup of tea.
5. I have a degree that I have never used. Not once.
6. I love pub quizzes and sometimes take them a little too seriously.
7. I have a 1979 Austin Mini City. She’s called Ermentrude and I will never sell her.
8. I own 55 pairs of shoes.
9. I once sledged down the side of an active volcano. I fell off. Lots.
10. I’m very uncoordinated, see above.
11. I’m really good with faces but terrible with names. If we ever meet in real life I won’t remember your name. Please don’t be offended.
And here are my answers to the chili365’s questions;
1) What would you do with your free time if you weren’t blogging?
Visit new places. It’s all I ever really want to do.
2) What literary character would you most like to be?
Obviously I could say something cool like Atticus Finch or Dean Moriaty but alas, adrift in a foreign land with a duffle coat and a hard stare, I’m already halfway to being Paddington bear.
3) What is your super power?
Maybe the tea-making as previously mentioned. I have a pretty good sense of direction too.
4) Dogs or Cats? (Or chili)?
I love cats, especially when you catch them doing something stupid and then they try to pretend that it didn’t happen but I’m super-allergic to them so I’ll have to choose dogs.
5) How do you conquer writer’s block?
Swim. It’s monotonous enough for me to switch off completely. And it burns off some of my recipes.
6) How frequently do you check your stats?
Every few hours if I have just posted something I’m really proud of. Every few days otherwise.
7) If you could speak with a dead person, who would it be?
My Grandma, so that I could get her recipe for peanut butter cookies. Plus if chose someone famous I’d only make a fool of myself.
8) What is your favorite kind of chili?
Anything smoky with medium spiciness. I also like a little chocolate in my chili. And vice versa.
9) What is the best advice you have ever received?
If you don’t do it while you’re young you never will (from my Grandma) I think I’m still just about young enough for this to still apply.
10) What is the worst impulse purchase you’ve made?
I don’t have my own income so I’m not very frivolous. I probably don’t need 55 pairs of shoes though…
11) What would you change about your blog, if you could?
I wouldn’t change my blog, I’d just change my lack of computer literacy so that I could understand how it all works a little better.
My Nominees (I warn you, never look at any of these blogs before you eat or you’ll only be disappointed by what’s on your plate):
eatsleepbakerepeat – http://eatsleepbakerepeat.com
The Herb Diaries – http://www.theherbdiaries.com
Bangers and Mash – http://bangers-and-mash.com
The White Ramekins – http://thewhiteramekins.com
CharismaticBaking – http://charismaticbaking.wordpress.com
Here is your mission, should you choose to accept it
As part of the acceptance, there are 5 tasks you must complete:
1. LINK back to the person who nominated you;
2. SHARE 11 facts about yourself;
3. ANSWER 11 questions set by your nominator;
4. NOMINATE 5-11 people who you think deserves the Liebster Award.
5. ASK your nominees 11 questions.
6. AFTER YOU PUBLISH your Liebster post, go to your nominee’s blog and let them know you have nominated them.
And now for my questions to my nominees;
1. Where is the best place (county/city) that you’ve ever been?
2. What’s the best thing that you’ve ever eaten?
3. Which of your posts are you most proud of?
4. Sweet or Savoury?
5. If you could go back in time, when/where would you go back to?
6. Which word do you most overuse?
7. How do you relax?
8. What’s your favourite smell?
9. Which part of the blogging process do you find easiest and which do you find hardest?
10. Which book could you read over and over again?
11. Describe yourself in one word